Being a qualified and trained computer programmer it became apparent to me that the mind acts exactly like a supercomputer. The mind is very much like a computer. There is a computer saying amongst computer programmers “junk in – junk out”. This basically means that if you write bad code you get a bad program with bad results. In the same way, your subconscious mind is programmed with bad code. This code takes the form of negative beliefs, thoughts and repressed feelings. If you have problems in your life it is because you are running on negative automatic subconscious programs!
Many times these programs are buried so deep in the subconscious mind that we just do not see them and even if we do it seems almost impossible to control them. This is where the power of self-hypnosis can benefit you. Through learning this art you can easily access the deepest regions of your mind and clear away all the bad programming code that has taken root there. It is even possible to remove some programs, that have been festering in the subconscious mind and running on automatic for a lifetime, in one session – such is the power and speed of self-hypnosis.
Here is a quick simple guide to get you started using self-hypnosis as a tool for inner, and ultimately outer, change.
1. First, identify what you want. Although this may sound like an obvious thing to do many people can list all the things they don’t want but are hard-pushed to list even 2 things they do want. Of those that can identify their desires many times they are nebulous in nature – “I want to be happy”, “I want more money”. In order to use the full power of self-hypnosis and gain the most benefit from it, you must know EXACTLY what you want. What will make you happy? How much money do you really want in dollars and cents?
2. Go somewhere where you will not be disturbed and find a comfortable position. Sitting or lying down are both acceptable.
3. Use relaxation techniques to calm your body and mind. Simple deep breathing often accomplishes this. You can take each part of your body in turn, from the feet to your scalp and tense then relax them. This will allow you to see where you are tense and relax that part of the body. Don’t forget to tense and relax your face muscles and your neck!
4. Count yourself down from 10 to 1. Breathe deeply throughout the countdown and in your head tell yourself you are going down deep into trance.
5. Imagine a long winding staircase and mentally take each step as you count from 10 to 1 again. This will deepen your trance and relax your body further.
6. Once at the bottom image that there is a doorway a little ahead of you and walk through it. This leads to a peaceful place where you feel totally comfortable and at ease.
7. Sit down in your scene and imagine yourself saying aloud any pre-made affirmations you have for change. These affirmations should focus on what you want not what you don’t want and not on anything you are trying to get rid of! Do this for a few minutes or repetitions of your affirmations.
8. Imagine the scene gently dissolving and you suddenly find yourself in your perfect scene (a scene that shows you already in possession of your desire or at a time when the affirmations you said are now true). When you are ready simply imagine you walk through the door and ascend the staircase. You can do this quickly. Then count from 1 to 10 and open your eyes. Using this technique you will have experienced a self-hypnosis state and used it to change yourself at a very deep level